A retaining wall acts as a structure that protects the building or structure by holding back the soil. Retaining walls help prevent downward slope movement of any structure and provide support for any vertical or near-vertical grade based changes. Apart from providing protection, concrete retaining walls can also enhance the overall look of the place as they look beautifully unique. Visit: Seattle Retaining Walls
If constructed by a professional, retaining walls enhance the beauty of the place. Any retaining wall expert knows that a retaining wall is more than just a wall for holding back the soil. They serve a dual purpose of the functional and decorative feature. It is like a dam to stop solids from running off. They act as a flat level for elevated surfaces. Retaining walls are efficient in the following aspects:
- Provides functional support to keep the soil in place which can be redecorated as a small garden which enhances the overall look of the place.
- Retaining walls prevent sinkhole formation and eliminate piling up of dirt.
- Prevents flooding.
- Reduces maintenance cost and prevents any erosion.
- Retaining walls help in avoiding damage to your property as well as any surrounding structure that lies in the pathway of erosion of the soil.
- You can also use retaining walls in the backdrop of a patio setting with elements like plants, colourful lights and even small decorative structures.